ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Disagree with changes to icann agreement

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Disagree with changes to icann agreement
  • From: Jeremy Ayre <jmailbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:47:09 +1000

<x-tad-bigger>I am extremely concerned that the new proposals would result in anti-competitive approaches to domain name pricing. What would stop the companies that hold the monopoly setting any insane price they like, because they don't like your business style or disagree with your point of view?

Taking particular note of "... extensive consideration and discussion, each of the proposed new .BIZ, .INFO and .ORG registry agreements provide for the lifting of price controls formerly imposed ... with each of the new registry agreements requir[ing] six months advance notice by the registry operator of any price increase in registry services."

How is this justifyable?

What is icann doing wrong now under the current agreement? I heard that the internet was still growing, so I don't understand how icann could be struggling to make profit.

Jeremy Ayre
http://totaLpeace.org</x-tad-bigger>