ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing.

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing.
  • From: "Michael Beauchamp" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:13:56 +0930

Hello,

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment of time and
energy in developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the
variable pricing of domain names by the .org, .info & .biz registries.

I believe that any increase in value of any particular domain name is due to
the efforts of the site owner, not the registry. So, it's totally
inappropriate for the registry to charge more on the basis of domain name
value - however you plan on measuring it.

I ask that the current system, which works welll and is affordable, be
maintained as is.

Thanks for your time.

Michael Beauchamp