ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Opposed to Variable Pricing of Domain Names

  • To: <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to Variable Pricing of Domain Names
  • From: "Michael Firstman" <innerfire1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:31:18 -0700

As a fledgling internet marketer who is completely dependent upon a successful
home-based business due to serious health-limitations which make it impossible
for me to work outside the home-office environment, and who will be starting
with a very limited budget, I am VERY STRONGLY OPPOSED to the proposed changes
in domain name registration/renewal, etc., involving "variable pricing."

And I do not stand alone in this. Many many many others, increasingly, are in a
similar position (for varying but legitimate reasons), and the changes being
proposed will make it potentially impossible for us to do business as usual,
seriously threatening countless livelihoods.

I have already urged everyone in my increasingly large network about this
issue, and urged them to contact you right away in like manner as regards this
very serious issue.

Michael C. Firstman
Monterey, CA