ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

WADND.COM Score 99.9% vs .01% SPECIAL INTER

  • To: <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WADND.COM Score 99.9% vs .01% SPECIAL INTER
  • From: "Rick Schwartz" <domainking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:48:43 -0400

Well ICANN,

You asked for comments and the comments ran 99.9% opposed to .01% in favor. The
THREE posts in favor were all by the registries that will be lining their
pockets.

So now what say you? Do you IGNORE all the info you requested? Do you IGNORE
common sense?

The very future of ICANN is at stake here. The credibility of ICANN is at stake
here. Do you knuckle under to the special interests of a few who could gain
TENS of millions or do you listen to the grassroots? Where will the HEART of
ICANN come down.

Behind these posts there are discussions of even more than legal action. I have
seen posts on forums suggesting that the Department of Justice be called in to
see what is REALLY going on. The see the motivations of ICANN members. Gifts
that board members may have received. Etc.

So I suggest you choose a better battle than this one. This one would be a
catastrophic loser for ICANN.

But as posters we have NO POWER. ICANN holds the power. Now the question is
will ICANN abuse it's power? It is really that simple. Will ICANN abuse the
power it was given in the PUBLIC TRUST. The power to help many as opposed to
help a few line their pockets with OUR hard work??

So we stay on the side and all eyes will watch what you do. If you choose to
ignore the very valid points that have been brought to your attention. If you
choose to ignore the points carefully made showing your charter and how you are
going against that charter, be prepared for a very rough future.

Respectfully,

Rick Schwartz
President & CEO World Association of Domain Name Developers Inc.