ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

No to variable pricing

  • To: org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to variable pricing
  • From: Ryan Park <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:41:03 -0700

My name is Ryan Park. I am an entrepreneur and domain name owner in Mountain View, California. I strongly oppose the variable pricing of domain names.

A registrar should be a *registry*, a place that publishes a list of domain names. A domain's value should be an *asset* belonging to its *owner*.

Imagine if your county government tried to charge you the "market value for your house" in order for you to record your ownership deed. Doesn't that sound crazy? Well, that's exactly what this proposal is, and that's why I urge ICANN to reject the proposal for variable domain name pricing.

Sincerely yours,

Ryan Park
Mountain View, CA
ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx