ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Newly proposed pricing scheme

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Newly proposed pricing scheme
  • From: Just Marc <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:55:18 +0100

I am a business owner of several highly popular web sites, I bought my domains fair and square straight from my registrar, they were all fresh and unregistered before.

By now they became a brand and popularity is up (top 100 alexa), the sites started from zero and over a year became highly trafficked and costly to maintain, I'm afraid that should a variable fee be put on my renewal costs and it may be calculated by simply looking at dry figures such as popularity of the sites, that fee together with my running costs would exceed anything I could bare.

Thank you for listening