ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

I am AGAINST Tiered Pricing, removal of Price Caps, and Presumptive Renewal

  • To: <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I am AGAINST Tiered Pricing, removal of Price Caps, and Presumptive Renewal
  • From: "OES Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:43:01 -0400

Dear ICANN,

I am AGAINST Tiered Pricing, removal of Price Caps, and Presumptive Renewal
for previously established .ORG domains.

Allowing a single entity to arbitrarily decide pricing with no caps will
lead to price gouging against established domains, and the presumptive
renewal policy will offer no ability to ICANN to fix this bad policy.

I have operated a three letter .org domain for 8 years.  It is unthinkable
that my domain could be priced to effectively rob me of my online brand at
this point.  Perhaps a reasonable solution would be to cap the price of
registration of an existing domain to a fee comparable to the current fee
structure, while allowing the new registrar the opportunity to price their
"new product" (i.e. new domains) at a market price.

Thank you for your inclusion of my objections into the record.

Ron Schnaper
oes.org
 <http://www.oes.org> http://www.oes.org