ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] Responses by .biz/info/org Registry Operators are Unacceptable

  • To: "Karl Auerbach" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Responses by .biz/info/org Registry Operators are Unacceptable
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:15:05 -0400

When I say nonprofit, I mean public benefit, with the proper credentials in
their country for that designation. No one intends to judge who is doing
real good or not, just that they are legally a nonprofit. People still need
to check orgs out before donating to them, however it wouldn't be open to
people who have not even bothered to file the legal paperwork.

Charities with a legitimate purpose do not want to be associated with a TLD
that also has porn sites associated with it. Creating this TLD would perform
a public service. And Karl, making a judgement on what use a TLD has or has
not seems against the principles of one who wants to start a dot ewe, which
others might feel equally unnecessary.

Not yours or mine to judge.