ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]

• Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:43:25 -0500

GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

For the Wellington Agenda, I would like to quickly discuss making the proposed template more consistent with the requirements of the bylaws which state:

" Every Constituency Statement shall include at least the following:

(i) If a Supermajority Vote was reached, a clear statement of the constituency's position on the issue;

(ii) If a Supermajority Vote was not reached, a clear statement of all positions espoused by constituency members;

(iii) A clear statement of how the constituency arrived at its position(s). Specifically, the statement should detail specific constituency meetings, teleconferences, or other means of deliberating an issue, and a list of all members who participated or otherwise submitted their views;"

The template below requests additional information of dubious value relative to the bylaws, but more importantly, misses several important requirements such as whether or not the constituency statement is a supermajority statement or not.

I would also like to have clarified the meaning of the term "Supermajority". For instance, the Registrar Constituency bylaws stipulate that only those votes cast will be counted in favor or against specific propositions (subject to minimum participation levels of course). Given that not all registrars are members of the constituency, and that not all constituency members vote, this only makes sense - but I'd like to better understand the terms of this condition before we start down the path of crafting a statement for submission to this TF.

Thanks in advance.

I. General Information about the Constituency

Name of organization:  GNSO [insert constituency name]

Contact Person:  [insert name]

Contact email address:  [insert email address]

Number of official members of the organization:  [insert number]

Estimated number of potential eligible members of the organization: [insert number]

Number of members that participated in developing this input: [insert number]

--

-rr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Contact Info: Ross Rader Director, Research & Innovation Tucows Inc. c. 416.828.8783

Get Started? http://start.tucows.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy