ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [gnso-dow123] Policy Development work in Marrakech in June 2006

  • To: <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [gnso-dow123] Policy Development work in Marrakech in June 2006
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:58:24 -0400

>>> "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/28/2006 12:50 AM >>>
>The two other PDPs underway are the WHOIS PDP, and the PDP-Feb06 on
>contractual conditions for existing gTLDs.  The Brussels meeting should
>be good preparation for PDP-Feb06, so it might be useful to spend one or
>days on advancing that work.

I hope that we can use the Marrakech meeting for f2f work on the highly complex
and multi-faceted issues in PDPFeb06.

>The WHOIS work seems to be inching along as ever - I think it might also
>be useful to schedule a 1-2 day workshop in parallel with the work on
>PDP-Feb06 to really see if we can get a proposal for the community to
>consider on terms of reference 3:

Oh boy. Do you mean at Morroco or in addition to it? However, I agree with you
that the focus should be on this:

"Determine what data collected should be available for public access in
the context of the purpose of WHOIS. Determine how to access data that
is not available for public access."