[pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: GNSO Brussels Meeting: Remote Participation Instructions]
[FYI all council and task force members are subscribed to the above list].
We are proceeding apace with arrangements for the Brussels meetings to be held on 11, 12 & 13 May.
To facilitate participation by the whole group (which includes those who are participating remotely) we are using the Shinkuro technology to enable file sharing, conversation and drafting facilities in tandem with a teleconference bridge.
You will need to do the following.
1. Download the Shinkuro software for your computer that you will be using at the meeting -- www.shinkuro.com -- it is critical for this to happen as the Shinkuro security algorithm needs to identify each client device.
2. Note down your Shinkuro nickname.
3. Send that name to Glen (gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) -- DO NOT SEND IT TO THE PUBLIC LISTS
4. Liz will then "invite" you to join GNSO Brussels meeting group.
5. You will then see others in the group and you will also see files that will be used for the meetings -- such as the agenda, logistics, remote teleconference dial up numbers, powerpoint presentations and documents.
Come back to us with any questions on this first step. We have done a dummy run today using live documents with seven of us. We did an earlier run last week with a smaller group. The Shinkuro staff will be on hand to provide technical assistance but I would appreciate it if everyone could do these first steps and familiarize themselves with the technology.
Liz Williams Senior Policy Counselor ICANN - Brussels +32 2 234 7874 tel +32 2 234 7848 fax +32 497 07 4243 mob