ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] erratum in the Draft Preliminary Report and Agenda

  • To: Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] erratum in the Draft Preliminary Report and Agenda
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:05:57 +0200

Milton

Thank you very much for picking that up for me -- it will be incorporated along with other changes after our 6 June meeting.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 31 May 2006, at 23:11, Milton Mueller wrote:

Liz:
Let me point out an oversight in the Report.

On question 2b, 2b. Examine whether the delegation of certain policy making responsibility to sponsored TLD operators is appropriate, and if so, what if any changes are needed.

The report says, "NCUC* made no further direct comment on this section."

In fact, we said:
"We believe that existing sponsored domains should retain the policy-making authority. We say this not because we support the concept of sponsored domains per se, but because we support greater diversity and decentralization of policy making authority."

We'd appreciate it if those comments could be incorporated into the record.

Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx> 5/31/2006 3:47 AM >>>
Colleagues

My apologies for a technical glitch overnight which prevented the
proper distribution of these materials.

Please find attached three documents.  The draft Preliminary
Taskforce Report, the draft agenda for the 6 June Taskforce meeting
(the final agenda will be agreed as the meeting begins) and the
Business Constituency Statement which I have received but which, as
far as I can tell, has not been submitted to the GNSO Secretariat for
proper posting.

The GNSO Secretariat will send out dial in details for the 6 June
call in a separate email.  I will set up a "Shinkuro Room" and send
invitations to join that room from the Shinkuro software.

Of course, please come back to me with any clarifications or questions.

Kind regards.

Liz***

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor