ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

• To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:16:05 +0200

Dear All

Apologies for silence from my end -- I am now back on deck.

I will speak to Maureen later my today and come up with some solutions. I realise everyone is anxious to get the dates sorted quickly and I'll do my best to ensure that happens by end of the week this week.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 11 Jul 2006, at 02:29, Marilyn Cade wrote:

recall that some had problems with the last part of the week and were asking for earlier in week, due to religious holidays. I think we had seen support for that... can we get a new proposal from staff on which dates? and are we set on L.A.?

Is so, fine by me. as long as we get dates confirmed so we can all buy cheap fares. :-)

I am awre that it is expensive to rent a hotel meeting room/do the logistical set up. IF you decide you want to borrow the AT&T facility again, in DC please let me know. there is still some cost for physical set up, but the staff tehre have reinstalled an audio card in the overhead bridge. and have hand microphones/stands that can be used. the system was not operational for our last meeting due to an audio card outage taht occurred with no backup. They have solved taht problem, they tell me. . The staff did install a wireless network specifically for our use and will reactivate that.

On the other hand, if the meeting is in la. I would assume that the ICANN technial team will handle the set up/technical support for the meeting, so that is a benefit to meeting in LA.

However, you need to let me know asap if you want to see if the room is avialable. I looked into the cost of airfare and it is pretty much the same betwen DC and LA for most attendees. The difference imight be the extratime/flight for Bruce to come to DC, and for Alistair, who would also be coming from points Asia.

In any case, can we see optional dates from staff taking into account the feedback on the religious holiday, and a final decision on site?

Mairyn

To: "Cubberley, Maureen (CHT)" <MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "Maureen Cubberley" <m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:06:34 -0400

Are we set with a September meeting in LA? Let’s lock in the dates. As Marilyn stated, the longer we wait the more expensive it will get. Thanks. Jon

From: owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pdp-pcceg- feb06@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cubberley, Maureen (CHT)
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 6:59 AM
To: GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Maureen Cubberley
Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Good morning All,

Further to our meeting yesterday, I wish to propose a timeline that takes us from here to the December meeting in São Paulo.

This e-mail incorporates many of the points in the earlier e-mail that circulated yesterday morning, under the subject, “Marrakech Update” and also incorporates the dates that were included in Bruce’s PowerPoint presentation at the GAC meeting yesterday afternoon.

There are two areas where responses to this e-mail are requested.

Question Number 1.

September 20, 21 and 22 have been proposed as the dates for a face- to-face meeting. The location has not yet been determined, however, Los Angeles has been discussed as a likely location. Please indicate your availability for these dates.

Question Number 2.

Liz Williams has proposed developing a program and schedule to identify and deliver expert materials and expert advice to the task force.

Please provide your recommendations for either materials or experts, as discussed yesterday.

Kindly reply to the entire Task Force list.

Proposed Schedule for Remaining Work.

1. July 15

Confirmation of schedule for remaining work. (This proposal or some amended version thereof.)

2. Throughout Month of August

Seek expert advice. (including literature search and webinar involving expert individuals)

3. September 13th

Complete drafting of Preliminary Report, and circulate to Task Force members.

4. September 20, 21, and 22

Face-To-Face Meeting of Task Force members.

Among the agenda items:

- Discussion of impact of expert advice on terms of reference and on drafting of Final Report.

- Discussion of public comment on terms of reference and on drafting of Final Report

5. October

Finalization of Preliminary Report

Posting for Public Comment

6. November

Draft Final Report circulated to Task Force members

7. December

Meeting in São Paulo

-          Finalize decisions on content for final report

Looking forward to your response and input to this draft schedule.

With thanks,

Maureen

Maureen Cubberley, Chair PDP Feb 06 TF

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy