ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Amended agenda and draft work plan

• To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Amended agenda and draft work plan
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:23:51 +0200

Hi Marilyn

Thanks very much on your quick notes too -- it can all be agreed this evening.

One suggestion for a face to face meeting which I have discussed with anyone else! Why don't we do that as part of the ICANN meeting in Sao Paolo -- I think everyone would be there and, if well structured, it could be very useful? It would be easy indeed to have that as a half day working session on, perhaps Sunday, to work through a draft of a document into which everyone would have had a chance to develop through the rapporteur sessions.

I did discuss some reasonable working dates with Avri last night after the Council call and that proposed draft reflects her thoughts on practical matters.

However, as I said, we can agree that tonight on the call.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 28 Sep 2006, at 22:12, Marilyn Cade wrote:

Dear colleagues

I have looked at both documents. Great turn around Liz

I have suggested edits to the proposed substitute agenda. I'll post them later tonight.

I also have changes to this version fo the time line. I went back and took the earlier changes I suggested to earlier time lines and will put them into this timeline. First and foremost, though, I want to note that the Council advised a firm support for the work and improving its timeliness is inherent in that. We did acknowledge that we may not finish all work on all elements by the end of the year but the intent of Council was to advance the work. I think that the new verion extends the work too long into 2007 and so will provide some suggested edits.

Liz, we keep omiting the proposed face to face meeting from the timeline. I can add it back in. I recall that Denise advised us that we need/as the TF to advise the Council chair that the TF has sufficient support for a face to face meeting.

I believe such support exists in the TF, adn that indeed, without the commitment of work time, we put the work of the TF at risk. I've continued to hold the free space for the dates earlier proposed.

One final question. I don't see a reference to a public comment period. Is one not required for the TF's work product? That seems a little strange, but I am assuming that staff might be more expert on the PDP processes than I.

I'll post a marked up version later tonight, after some further meetings.

Thanks for the early drafts adn quick turn around after Council's detailed discussions.

best regards

Marilyn

To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Amended agenda and draft work plan
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:02:49 +0200
>Colleagues
>
>After the GNSO Council call today, it became apparent that a new
>agenda and an amended draft work plan were necessary for tomorrow's
>meeting.
>
>These two documents are attached and can be confirmed on the call
>tomorrow.
>
>Note that the work plan takes into account the "normal" timeframes
>of a PDP, the practicalities of the upcoming meetings in Sao Paolo
>and the impact of the Christmas break.
>
>Kind regards.
>
>Liz
>.....................................................
>
>Liz Williams
>Senior Policy Counselor
>ICANN - Brussels
>+32 2 234 7874 tel
>+32 2 234 7848 fax
>+32 497 07 4243 mob
>
>
>
><< TFFeb0629SeptMeeting.doc >>

><< TFFeb06WorkPlan.doc >>