ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: GNSO Council resolutions 28 September 2006 ++

• To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06: GNSO Council resolutions 28 September 2006 ++
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:08:26 +0200

Colleagues

I have resolved the problems with the Shinkuro room. Of course, these materials are also available in the usual place on the GNSO website.

If you have accepted my invitation to join, you will find there:

1.  Draft agenda for tonight's meeting

2.  Draft work plan

3.  Transcript for the last conference call

4. General Counsel's memo to the GNSO Council on the work of the PDP Feb 06 Taskforce

5. A copy of the 28 Sept 06 GNSO Council resolution (also found below) about the PDP Feb 06 Taskforce

Note that I have, as per Resolution 1 below, I have sent a draft of a document to the General Counsel's office which address section c & d. I will work with Dan over the next fortnight to complete that analysis.

Liz

For those TF members who are not GNSO Council members, lease find below the text of the GNSO Council's resolutions in relation to the PDP Feb 06.

"Ahead of the GNSO Council minutes, Council passed the following motions at its meeting on September 28, 2006.

1. The GNSO Council resolves:

a) To instruct the PDPFeb06 task force to continue its work, to appoint an interim chair
b) To instruct staff to propose a work schedule in agreement with the interim chair and Task Force this week and carry it out
c) To ask the General Counsel within 14 days to list all ICANN agreements sections on consensus policy
d) To ask the General Counsel within 14 days to compare and contrast the PDP06 Terms of Reference with the so –called “picket fence” consensus policy areas and provide a without prejudice assessment of likelihood of in or out of scope indicating uncertainty as necessary.

Passed by acclaim.

2. The GNSO Council resolves:

To request the Board to delay any decision on the .biz .info and .org
agreements until the ICANN Board meeting after the Sao Paolo ICANN meetings 2006 and to take into account the current outcome of the PDPFeb06 task force at that time.

Roll call vote. The motion passed. 11 votes in favour, 6 votes against, (Kiyoshi Tsuru dropped off the call at the time of the vote)

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy