ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Update from MdR Meeting

  • To: PDPfeb06 <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Update from MdR Meeting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:43:08 -0800

Hi,

This is by no means meant to be minutes, but a quick report of what got done at the meeting, the outcome and the next steps.

- We went though all of the known issues that TF members and observers raised concerning the Draft Final Report.

- We reviewed the levels support for option 1A with clarified language. The constituencies were able to restate the constituency preferences and the results came out essentially the same, at least among constituencies, as it had in the previous discussions. Some constituency representatives may be going back to their constituencies to confirm their level of preference. I will send a separate email with the options containing the somewhat clarified language.

- We went over the level of support for the proposed recommendation for 5B that had been posted on this list on 6 Feb. 3 of the constituencies were ready to state their preference, the rest were asked to do so by Tuesday 27 February so that their preferences can be included in the Draft Final Report when it goes to public comment. I will send a separate message on the details of this.

_ Liz captured all of the issues, making some of the less complex changes in realtime and noting all of the other changes to be made.

- We made plans for a face to face meeting before the Lisbon meeting where we will take a vote on sending the report on to the council for consideration. We did not schedule any intervening teleconferences. While the meeting will probably be Saturday 24 March, this remains to be confirmed.

Upcoming Schedule:

27 Feb - deadline for Constituencies to get in updated 'expressions of support'/straw poll info for inclusion in draft Final report that will be released for Public Comment.

3 March - Updated Draft Final Report will be posted for 20 day review after having received appropriate ICANN vetting. I will also review to make sure that it has included all the changes from the meeting. It is hoped that constituencies and TF members will also do a review during the open review period and submit comments that will be incorporated into the final report.

23 March - End of Review

24 March - Face to Face meeting in Lisbon - vote on sending the report on to Council

Thanks to all of participated and all who helped.

a.