ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Quick notes on current Draft final report

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Quick notes on current Draft final report
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:06:45 -0500

My only point, and I will make it again, is that the TF can state
whatever it wants to state.  I am just saying factually, it is
completely irrelevant that the Council, the Task Force or anyone else
debated the issue of scope and made any findings.....It has no bearing
on whether the PDP was in or out of scope.

That said, the current wording of the report in 1.7 is accurate.  We
would oppose the addition of any other language in that section.
Putting in any language stating that other members discussed the
registry's objections and "found that the PDP was within scope" would be
as inappropriate as saying elsewhere in the report (as an example),
that the "registry constituency" discussed the BC positions and "found
that the points made by the BC were not valid."

Both statements above are inappropriate.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  & Business Development

NeuStar, Inc.