ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pednr-wg-questions]

Registrant at Expiration

  • To: <pednr-wg-questions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Registrant at Expiration
  • From: "Krist Jake" <krist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:11:24 -0700

There is, I believe, a lack of precision associated with the term "registrant."
 This can result in misunderstandings, especially after a domain's expiration
(when I understand the domain enters the Auto-Renew grace period and the
registrar becomes the registrant).

I suggest the registrant whose domain is expiring, or whose domain has expired,
be referred to as the "legacy registrant."

Krist Jake