ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Have ICANN Gone Mad?

• To: revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Have ICANN Gone Mad?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:27:33 +0000

<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV class=RTE>Here are a few of the objections to the prior contract:<BR><BR>1) Insufficient time for public comment<BR>2) Lack of competitive bidding for renewal (i.e. awarding a permanent monopoly) <BR>3) Uncapped price increases in the face of declining costs of required technology<BR>4) Permitting differential pricing on domain renewals<BR>5) Registry ownership and the unfettered resale of public and private data<BR><BR>You have responded with:<BR><BR>1) Even less time for public comment<BR>2) Lack of competitive bidding for renewal (i.e. a permanent monopoly) <BR>3) 10% annual price increases in the face of declining costs<BR>4) Permitting differential pricing<BR>5) Registry ownership and the unfettered resale of public and private data<BR><BR>I publicly question ICANNs motives in rushing to push through such a fundamentally flawed contract to award monopolies. There is either undeniable incompetence or corruption at hand. These contracts are clearly a sweetheart deal for a few registries at the expense of thousands of businesses and individuals who?s views ICANN is also supposed to consider, and who have strongly voiced their opposition to these terms. <BR></DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I Publicly challenge an ICANN Representative to consult <A href="http://www.Namepros.com";>www.Namepros.com</A>&nbsp;in the Industry News Section and to allow the common Domainer to have his or her say over the proposal you have.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Thank you,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The NamePros Community Team.</DIV></div><br clear=all><hr>Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUK/2740??PS=47575"; target="_top">sign up to our free newsletters!</a> </html>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy