ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

foul play in registry contracts?

  • To: <revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: foul play in registry contracts?
  • From: "Grant Keiser" <grantkeiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:24:24 -0800

To Whom It May Concern:

Everything about the ICANN rush to whisk these new contracts through has all
the smell of a rotten fish.  If certain things pass against the will of the
people, wherein they did not get a reasonable chance to participate, and if it
becomes obvious that an absolute bias in favor of registries was delivered on a
platter because of any sort of quid pro quo payoffs, I believe there WILL be a
serious repercussions for ICANN.

I strongly urge ICANN to allow for sufficient public input on ALL of their new
contracts.  The people are who ultimately pay for EVERY single domain
registration.  They deserve a say in this process.

I, as an owner of some 1600 domains who, along with the rest of the world's
domain owners, helps pay everyone's salary, am opposed to these contracts as
written.  I am opposed to ICANN's attempts to circumvent the system.

I urge ICANN to handle these contract issues fairly.

Sincerely,

Grant Keiser
Domain Name Owner