ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Oppose Settlement Propoosal

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Oppose Settlement Propoosal
  • From: adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:55:41 -0600

To whom it concerns,

Under the proposed settlement, increasing prices will cost internet users more
than
150MUSD starting next year and growing.  Why is ICANN proposing a cost which
comes from the internet users as a whole to settle a legal battle that ICANN
staff
themselves believe they can win ?

I whole-heartedly object to any settlement with Verisign. ICANN's proposed
settlement
presents Verisign with a healthy prize to walk away with.  The prize is taken
from the
pockets of the internet users, businesses and consumers that ICANN is chartered
protect.  It is obvious that recent litigation againsty ICANN's proposed
settlement
proves that other members of the internet community do not approve of this
settlement
either .

ICANN was designed to represent the internet community as a whole. The internet
community includes millions of domain name registrants, including myself.  Once
again, I oppose this proposal and hope that ICANN can seek to imporve the
internet by
providing transparency, competitive bidding and fair pricing structures that
benefit the
internet as a whole.

Thank you
Adam Strong