ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[root-glue-comments]

IANA glue policy

  • To: root-glue-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: IANA glue policy
  • From: Olivier Guillard / AFNIC <olivier.guillard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:30:43 +0100

AFNIC suggest the system "Allow changes with a mandatory
advisement and wait period" because:

* we feel that a TLD contact should certainly be able to reply in less
than N days (with N < 10). Not having a timeout means giving a right
to veto to unresponsive people.

* this is a the lighter proposal (besides changing nothing), the one
which brings the less changes to the IANA procedures. Therefore, it
could be implemented rapidly.

However, IANA and TLD operators should pursue discussion about the
type of "Glue policy" to be adopted in a longer term, in the light
of draft-koch-dns-glue-clarifications. We believe that either
"narrow" or "case by case" policies (the latter seems more practical)
should be eventually adopted.

Best,

--
Olivier Guillard P/O AFNIC