ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sac053-dotless-domains]

Comment

  • To: sac053-dotless-domains@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 09:58:30 -0400

I am in total agreement that dotless domains would not be universally
reachable. I can see several such domain names in Amazon's bid list that
would not be reachable from my home network. I could only imagine how
much more unreasonable the expectation to reach those domains would be
from a larger private network.

Transport protocols could be updated to allow this nuisance, but as of
now I don't think it is technically possible to do this reliably.

Finally, the idea of dotless domains is representative not of the
people's needs but of the aims of the monopolies that have and continue
to destroy democracy and freedom, and replace with indignity and lack of
choice. Dotless domains would be yet another sure sign the New World
Order is becoming as Hitler prescribed. Dotless domains would be a "tool
of the Devil". They do not have the power to serve the people - only to
prevent them from making choices.