ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

.COM renewal contract

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .COM renewal contract
  • From: "Wehry, Alisa J" <awehry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:41:11 -0500

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing concerning my position on the .COM renewal contract with
Verisign. This contract should definitely be reworked so as not to allow
Verisign to charge whatever price point they desire. These potential
price increases are not cost-based and will not be subject to approval.
All ICANN fees should continue to be approved by the Internet community.
The gTLDs are a public trust; no registry, including Verisign, should be
given total control over them. Internet users should not have to pay
more for domain names just to increase Verisign's profits.

Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter. I look forward
to seeing that this contract does not go through as proposed.

Sincerely,

Alisa Wehry