ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

The settlement agreement is biased and unjustified

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The settlement agreement is biased and unjustified
  • From: "Sid Verma" <sidverma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:24:42 +0530

Hi,

I represent the company AdvancedTechies.com. We have been in business
since 1999 and have over 10000 customers who register domains with us
and majority of them comprise of .Com domains. We register our domains
through the registrar - 'Directi' in India.

1) With this kind of settlement, my business will loose clients for
sure.

2) I want to ask ICANN - a non-profit organization, how can it make such
an unjustified and blasphemous settlement on behalf of the millions of
companies who depend on the .Com domains for business and knowing that
such settlement will cost huge business losses to many companies around
the world including my company also.

3) How stupid it is to give monopoly to verisign to increase 7% EVERY
YEAR. This is cheating... this is cheating against the whole internet
community and buyers all around the world.

HOW CAN ICANN BE SO UNRESPONSIBLE ????????

Sid Verma
Director
Advanced Techies
India