ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Settlement ICANN VERISIGN

• To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Settlement ICANN VERISIGN
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:39:07 -0300

Dear Sirs:

I represent a company in Latin America that resells many domain names. I have been appalled at reading the details of the proposed settlement outcome between ICANN and verisign.

We live in a world today where big companies dominate and the general public is evermore distrusful of monopolies. Greed and corruption have shown their ugly heads over and over through the biggest of companies. The consumer outrage is clearly shown through the demostrations of anti-globalisation.

The problem is that each time we try to trust that things are changing, we get another example of greed. How is the world meant to turn into a dignified world for the mass at large, and not for the few shareholders of large companies.

I ask ICANN, as a company that sells many domain names in Latin America, where poverty is very real, do not let greed be a part of your strategy. Apply some dignity to your work, fight this lawsuit, and help the rest of the world catch up. Lead the way, dont destroy the way.

Kind regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giles Dawson
Operations Manager
Conectu.com

Build your website today, its simple, fast and affordable:  www.anacondaweb.com

www.conectu.com
Santiago de Chile: +56-2- 632 5557
Temuco: +56-45- 24 8000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Email was Powered by <http://www.ctuhosting.com/>Conectu.com Hosting Service

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy