ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

This makes United States Non-competitive in Global Market

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: This makes United States Non-competitive in Global Market
  • From: Mitul Limbani <mitul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:42:45 +0530

Hello,

I just heard the news of Icann favouring Verisign for the .com community.

This move has serious imperative on US economy.
It makes domain registry around the world play more competively where by US losses its competiveness.

Secondly, person like me would suggest my customers to use our country level TLDs which would be more cheaper alternative. So its a lose-lose situation, US losses its competiveness.

Moral of story, Dont take such a drastic step which is harmful for everyone around in the community, just to create one more monopoly.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions,