ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: settlement
  • From: romeo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:19:40 -0500

My name is Romeo from Ottawa Ontario Canada. I currently own 24 domains, of
which 10 are .com's.  My business does e-commerce and web design which includes
the registration of domains for our customers. By allowing prices to be
increased without competition is anti fair trade. Some protection needs to be
given to the world clients instead of the big companies. Remember, there are
other domains out there besides .com -- If we are forced to pay higher prices,
we may no longer covet the .com, and may move on somewhere else.

ICANN is set to protect the interests of the consumer and the internet at large.
As it is, Verisign and other companies are making excellent money on domain
purchases due to the low overhead that is has... Why give an extra 2 billion?