ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Pending Settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Pending Settlement
  • From: telavir@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:58:05 -0800 (PST)

To the Powers That Be at ICANN,

We are disappointed to hear that ICANN is considering a settlement with
Verisign that not only allows them to control the pricing of the .com
registry (without ICANN consent), but it gives them ownership over the
.com registry. This is contrary to what the internet was created for, that
being the free exchange of ideas to further the populace. The minor fees
we pay now to handle the administration of this system are tolerable
compared to the greater good. Increasing the costs to the end-user for
this exchange of ideas once again will place more power in the hands of
the rich.

All politics aside, we are a small company. We represent thousands of
domain holders who look to us to keep the internet a magical place for
them. We offer low cost solutions so people that know what they are doing
on the internet do not have to succumb to the money hungry conglomerates.

Do not sign this settlement. It will bring the internet one step closer to
being another network like AOL or MSN and not the free community that
Verisign and ICANN were created to serve.

Verisign was given the opportunity to administrate the needs of the
internet. This priviledge was not to be for profit.

Keep the internet as free as possible so everyone can be heard.

Evan Davis
Telavir Internet
President

"We bring the magic of the Internet to you."
http://www.telavir.com