ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN/Verisign Settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN/Verisign Settlement
  • From: "Heath Aldrich" <heath@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:11:59 -0600

Hello,

I am writing because I am concerned with the pending settlement between
ICANN and Verisign.

I think  it is bad that, without any justification, Verisign would be
allowed to raise the prices.

The Internet is a public utility as much as any gas or electric company.

We need to make sure that they monopoly situation is controlled.

I have been in business for two years and a significant increase will cause
a hardship in domain sales.

It will be the most significant for small business like me.  The large
companies will undoubtedly make "deals" with Verisign.

People like me will be left to the "crumbs".

I urge you to push forward and not allow this settlement to take place.

Thanks for your time.

Heath Aldrich

Aldrich Network Solutions, Inc.

Oklahoma City, OK  73099  USA