ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Proposed Settlement Agreement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Settlement Agreement
  • From: Gerry Dalton <TechMgr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:59:33 -0600

I am a partner in a small ISP which hosts and registers approx 100 domains each
year. Having been doing this since 1998 we are well aware of the way that
Verisign and their company Network Solutions have abused their contract with
ICAAN and did harm to ISP's all over the world.  Your agreeing to such a
settlement will again put Verisign in a position to do us harm with a right to
raise prices by 7% each year without justification.

I implore you to give Verisign and their company Network solutions no further
advantage over other domain registry companies who run an honest, fair and
reasonably priced service.

Gerry Dalton
Technical Manager
WTS OnLine Inc.