ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Do not increase the price of domain names >> Safiul Azam, CEO, WEB DATA HOSTS

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Do not increase the price of domain names >> Safiul Azam, CEO, WEB DATA HOSTS
  • From: Muhammad Safiul Azam <infosafiul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:10:24 -0800 (PST)

Attention: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Do not increase the price of domain names.

  Dear Sir,

  We are a domain and web hosting company in Bangladesh, in South Asia.
we are in the business for last 5 years. We have a big member of customers,
resellers, agents in various regions in the area. We are selling TDL domains.
  .Com. .net .org .info .biz

How the domain price would effect our IT sector & the new media community :

  Please note that, do not increase the price of .com TDL. Here in Bangladesh IT
  is a growing sector. Many people live and depended on this sector.

If you increase the price of domain, specially .com then this new media
community would be in grate difficulties. Our IT sector, specially web design,
development, web hosting will be greatly hampered.

In our market survey, our 99% sale is .com domain. Most of the companies in
Bangladesh is not entering in to the internet world. If you increase the price,
then it would effect in our entire community.

  So, considering this factor, please do not increase .com domain price and
help us living in the new media world.

  Sincerely,

  Safiul Azam,
  CEO,