ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Verisign/ICCAN agreement is unfair with the internet community

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign/ICCAN agreement is unfair with the internet community
  • From: "Agenda Web" <agendaweb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:23:20 -0500

With  great surprise I have been advised about this disastrous agreement going
to be signed by ICANN.

This agreement is a great mistake, the right to rise the prices into a monopoly
is going to cause all kind of problems to internet users and internet
community. I suppose many registrars are going to sell different TLDs and
divide the network unnecesarily, and users are going to suffer great confussion
with the differences.

Even I am concerned about my own bussines as domain reseller and about the
future that domain names could take.

Also I have concerns about the transparency of such process. Verisign seems not
to be the most trusted and loved company to get this award.

ICCAN members must stop this agreement and fail to sign it.

Alejandro Prieto
www.redexpertos.com
Telefonos (57+)  6719129 Fax (57+) 348 2313
Visita http://www.tutopia.com y comienza a navegar más rápido en Internet.
Tutopia es Internet para todos.