ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

dot-com comment

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: dot-com comment
  • From: Kurt Smith <bigkurtsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:47:19 -0800 (PST)

  Dear ICANN Board,

      I have a comment on the ?.com?  settlement. I don?t know anyone who likes
to see prices increase for anything,  but we are all adults and we understand
that prices for everything increase.  I have a few domains and I have never
made a  decision about buying one based on the cost of buying one and I will
never do  that.  As a business owner I understand  that business costs go up
over time. It seems like ICANN has put in place a  good system that allows
VeriSign to adjust its prices but caps how much it can  go up.  Makes sense to
me.