ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN Settement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN Settement
  • From: "Brian Aufmuth" <baufmuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:50:43 -0500

I work for a small business that has registered several different domain
names over the years and we have never based our registration decision
on the cost.  We are more concerned about the security and stability of
our websites and whether the domain name is available.  If this
settlement results in a small price increase I think that is
understandable and acceptable.  If VeriSign's cost of doing business is
going up or if there is a greater demand for their services they should
be able to increase their prices just as our company would in the same
situation.  I say support the agreement and have the internet and
international communities focus on eliminating the junk mail that
overloads my inbox.

Brian Aufmuth

Greenville, SC