ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN-VeriSign Settlement Agreement Should Be Approved!

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN-VeriSign Settlement Agreement Should Be Approved!
  • From: Dan <danpshannon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:36:31 -0800 (PST)

  Dear ICANN Board Members:

  I want to comment on the ICANN-VeriSign .com settlement agreement. The
current settlement agreement on the table is in the best interest of all
parties concerned. VeriSign has done an excellent job handling all of their
Internet responsibilities in the past for very little cost, and they deserve
everyone's trust to do the right thing for Internet users in the future. They
are by far the best, and frankly, as far as I'm concerned, the only game in
town that can be trusted to do the job right!

  I'd rather do business with a private and accountable entity (accountable to
the consumer) any day than be foreced to do business with an unaccountable and
uncontrollable governmental or semi-governmental authority. If VeriSign fails
to live up to their duty and commitments, let the freemarket decide their fate.

  The freemarket system is the best way to handle this with some oversight, and
the miniscule increase VeriSign has requested with limits is certainly
reasonable and necessary to continue to assure all Internet users excellent
system stability and reliability...an absolute must!

  Please accept the settlement agreement for the benefit of all!

  Dan Shannon