ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Comments regarding the propsed settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments regarding the propsed settlement
  • From: "Roy Lenardson" <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:45:27 -0500

I have to believe it is a good thing for all sides now that ICANN and
Verisign have reached an agreement.  I am relieved for two reasons.  First,
the fact that a costly lawsuit has been avoided will no doubt be beneficial
to consumers, like me, who would ultimately pay the costs.  And not just
monetary costs,  but bureaucratic costs-which end up usually being far more
costly in the long run.  Second, I get nervous when I hear the Unite Nations
making noises about "handling the Internet problem".  I can't think of
anything worse for the UN to be involved in.

In short, I am pleased that an accord has been reached.

Sincerely,

Roy Lenardson
CScarborough, Maine 04074