ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] OK, so what happens next?
  • From: "SAMUELS,Carlton A" <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:29:33 -0500

The MAPO call later today could be the basis for a consensus formulation
defined.

 We are all agreed the status quo is noxious.  There are those of us who are
unambiguously on the side of free speech; a string is a string is a string
until some fool put an interpretation to it and we remain convinced that every
fool has an unfettered right to remain foolish without burden to me. The issue
is the compromise position.

So start thinking about what a smelly but barely palatable ‘middle ground’
posture could be.

Carlton