ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Call tonight

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Call tonight
  • From: Bertrand de La Chapelle <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:09:38 +0300

Dear all,

Apologies for having been silent the last few days and not commenting on the
various proposals (Richard, Evan, ...). Am in Kiev for the Ukrainian IGF and
coming back tonight. Hope to arrive in time to join the call.

Briefly, in case I cannot make it, I think Richard has outlined the key
discussion points in a sensible manner. The list of topics in the poll is
showing convergence around the same issues. Good structure to start with.

Evan made a proposal that might be a bit over-engineered but that highlights
one key element : governments making objections or blocking at the national
level should be very explicit, motivate the position and do it through a
clear legal process. This is a matter of responsibility. Whether there
should be an ex ante list and whether it should be pucblic are delicate
matters. I am not sure the GLOS list is a fully implementable solution but
the issues raised by Evan help understand the landscape.

Looking forward to the call.

Best

Bertrand
--
Bertrand de La Chapelle

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")