ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Draft recommendation 5 (Board Voting Threshold)

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Draft recommendation 5 (Board Voting Threshold)
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:25:59 -0700

I agree.  In the 'first scenario"  (strings alleged to be contrary to GPIL) a
simple majority should endorse a DRSP recommendation and a 'super-majority
should be needed to overturn'.

If we are able to agree on a standard for the second, and more complex scenario
(strings alleged to be contrary to national interests/ laws) I think the voting
may vary from above --- but I think its more logical to define the standard for
this scenario first,   and then debate its voting threshold.

RT

only be required if we allow the Board to overturn the DRSP recommendation.