ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Third "draft recommendation" (individual government objections)

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Third "draft recommendation" (individual government objections)
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:59:02 -0700

I guess in that sense all objections (not just Recommendation 6 ones) are
'requests to veto' from the Objecting party  (although in the Objection process
a possible outcome is some form of agreement between the two parties).

I'm just saying it's not a guarantee of success.     A high (to my mind) bar
has to be passed for the objection to become successful

RT