ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] Lives?

  • To: Chuck Gomes <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] Lives?
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:29:16 -0400

Hello Chuck,

Apparently there was a meeting that I just missed. I even missed the
announcement, due to the sin of being computer-free for one evening.
And I found out I wasn't the only one.

I'm sorry, but 17-hour notices for meetings and four meetings in a
week are not doing justice to the importance of this topic. They give
no time at all for any reasonable amount of offline reflection.

Please consider that some in this group have day jobs that have zero
to do with Internet policy, making money from Internet operations,
etc.. And while I understand the sudden need for speed (after years of
status quo) and I *certainly* appreciate the ability to revisit this
issue before the DAG becomes the FAG, I'm also allergic to burnout.
Almost everyone here is a member of multiple committees, but this one
is the most frenetic.

The mailing list is being actively used and is much easier to handle.
Is there any way we could do what we are doing without quite this
level of intensity?

- Evan