ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Community Objection -- a draft recommendation

  • To: "Richard Tindal" <richardtindal@xxxxxx>, "soac-mapo" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Community Objection -- a draft recommendation
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:39:41 -0400

Richard,

Without commenting on most of your comments, I would like to respond to
the last paragraph below, i.e., "The CWG recommends that the fees for
such objections by Advisory Groups be lowered or removed.  The CWG also
recommends that staff explore ways to reasonably lower the required
standard for a successful Advisory Group objection in the areas of
standing (3.1.2.4), level of community opposition (3.4.4) or likelihood
of detriment (3.4.4). "

*        When we refer to ICANN Advisory Committees, I suggest that we
call them that instead of 'Advisory Group' to avoid any possible
confusion with Advisory Groups in other contexts.

*        Why are you suggesting consideration of lowering "the required
standard for a successful Advisory Group objection in the areas of
standing (3.1.2.4), level of community opposition (3.4.4) or likelihood
of detriment (3.4.4)"?  I think some clarification here would be
helpful.

Chuck