ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

[soac-mapo] New Recommendation 11.2 - 'GAC or ALAC Can Trigger IO Objection'

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-mapo] New Recommendation 11.2 - 'GAC or ALAC Can Trigger IO Objection'
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:48:12 -0700

Section 11 of our draft Recommendations addresses the Independent Objector.

Per the discussion on today's call, I propose a new Recommendation 11.2 which
reads:

If requested in writing by the GAC or ALAC the Independent Objector (IO) will
prepare and submit a relevant Objection.  The IO will liaise with the GAC or
ALAC in drafting such an Objection.    Any Objection initiated from a GAC or
ALAC request will go through exactly the same process as an Objection from any
other source and must meet exactly the same standard for success as an
Objection from any other source.

Please feel free to wordsmith if it's unclear or poorly framed.

RT