ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Exchange of letters between GAC and ICANN re: morality issues

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Exchange of letters between GAC and ICANN re: morality issues
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:37:02 -0500

Hi,

But is the GAC accepting the Rec6 WG's work and standing behind it as something
to be considered at the level of GAC advice? I do have the feeling they are
standing away from it.

Likewise, has the GNSO Council endorsed the work or has it orphaned it as
somehow suspect by being the result of a cross community effort it is afraid
will usurp its role in policy making.

Only ALAC has endorsed it as far as I know, and unfortunately, ALAC has no
authority to make policy nor to have its views treated as advice that needs to
be dealt with seriously. In fact I am wondering whether the ALAC remembered to
include a sentence at the end of its motion of support asking for the board to
acknowledge and repsond to its message - without which the board does not even
need to acknowledge and respond.

a.