ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-general]

.biz is doing just fine

  • To: <stld-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .biz is doing just fine
  • From: "Greg Krajewski" <gkrajews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:02:02 -0600

After reading Mr. Robinson's post below I just have a few comments:

It may be true that you get a lot of .biz spam, but I don't think that is proof
enough that the entire .biz name-space is overrun by spammers.   What you are
probably seeing if the truth be known is "keyword rich" .biz names (i.e
diet-pills.biz) that were immediately taken in the .biz landrush.  Since the
.com/.net/.org versions were already taken I'm sure the new space became a
opportunity for new spammers.

On the flipside to all this, a lot of legimate businesses did register a .biz
name with intent on using it properly.  I am one of those people.   I own
Anywhere.biz, an am very glad I was able to register this name.  In time, I
envision Anywhere.biz to be just as recognized as a dot com company on the
internet today.

Gregory W. Krajewski
Anywhere.biz