ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

Punishing the innocent

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Punishing the innocent
  • From: "Andrew Dowling" <adowling@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:30:16 -0700

While vetting people before they can get a .mail extension is an excellent idea paying $2000 for the privilege seems to be punishing the innocent and not the guilty. Shouldn’t we be fining the spammers and not legitimate business users. And what about individuals who have there own domains? They can’t be expected to fork out that kind of money but ultimately  I see many organizations only accepting mail with the .mail extension.

Drew Dowling