ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-travel]

.travel

  • To: stld-rfp-travel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .travel
  • From: "Ron Gustafson" <ez4u2travel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:55:11 +0000

Dear ICANN,
Just a simple question, who is going to get motels.travel for example if .travel becomes TLD? If .travel becomes a TLD, does it have to be a nonprofit organization? I run a motel and not one nonprofit organization helps us out or any other hotels. Who would decide who would get the domain? You know there is no fair way except to let the people who have it keep it.

I think if ICANN does take it away, and gives www.motels.travel to someone else, I believe that there has to be some politics involve in it. I think ICANN is getting bought out and give the best domains to people that they want just to make a quick buck or two. There is not one group of .travel that is 100% nonprofit, if you insist so, I would like to see it.

Just keep in mind, if ICANN does take away everyone's domain, and let's say 5 years down the road they'd give it to someone who does not meet the criteria, the person that use to own that name could sue for lost profit.

I personally can not wait for .Travel to become a top level domain, and ICANN takes it away. I can not wait to start suing. Remember, Americans love to sue!

Who is this ICANN? You must think you're the god of the Internet? You can be sued just as easy. Me and my lawyers are waiting for you, and tralliance, and new.net.

New.net is still selling cities, towns, and so forth. Just a quick check, I saw that Georgia.travel is available for purchase; for all we know, it's going to get taken away a week later? That's fraud, don't you think?

Last thing the only fair way to handel the .travel domains is let the people who have a .travel domain keep the domain.

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp