ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

comments

  • To: <stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comments
  • From: "Joshua Finer" <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:29:56 -0400

Title: Message
Hello

I am Joshua Finer, President and Founder of http://www.Software4Parents.com - one of the Internet's most visited sites for child protection software.

I have been in the Internet Safety business since 1999, and have seen the market grow and flourish  .I am often quoted in national media regarding this topic.

Recently, we were involved in the preparation of a whitepaper in conjunction with wiredkids.org and wiredsafety.org, concerning the XXX TLD.

Most of our time is spent educating parents and creating awareness about Internet safety issues.

A good example of a recent story was from People magazine last week, concerning kids exposure to porn via questionable and abusive marketing practices.

It is clear that something needs to be done.  Education and providing software alone is not enough.  The time has come for something fitting and logical, like .XXX

Of course this TLD alone will not solve the problem, this is just one of many measures to help prevent privacy and security abuses for adult customers of legal porn.

When we combine this TLD with education, enforcement of existing laws and software/technology tools, we start to see a solution, without infringing on rights to view legal content.

In any case, I give this my full support.

Joshua F. Finer, MBA