ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

xxx domain

  • To: stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: xxx domain
  • From: robert johnson <wombat20042002@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:08:02 +1000 (EST)

Internet problems require internet -type solutions.

A robust, easy method is urgently needed for
schools **and businesses** to block access to
porn.

I  believe that an UNsponsored domain which is
internet wide would be better than a sponsored one.

I believe all porn, internet wide, should be shifted
from  .com to either .adult or .xxx
I prefer .adult so softcore can go there too (xxx
suggests hardcore)

For example playboy.com would move to
playboy.adult    - a 6-12 month period would be
allowed for the change. Any existing site would
stay with their existing registry. [hence the need
for an UNsponsored domain]

In addition I believe ICANN should shift all porn
to a specified range of IP numbers (as some sites are
IP only, not url)

The proposer of the .xxx sTLD should receive their
deposit back.

Why do this?
    - "no porn" browsers could be created by very
       tiny modifications to existing browsers
      i.e. refuse to access .adult or specified IP
range
   - "no porn" operating systems could work only
      "no porn" browsers (to prevent someone
      installing "no limits" browsers)
   - full browsers could have 3options
           -block porn
           -password first
           -full access
  -in addition ISPs could duplicate these limits to
   provide double safeguards for schools and
   businesses
 -international agreements could enforce these
   measures world wide Note this is not
   censorship it is categorization. In my country,
   adult bookshops are not in main shopping
   centres and are marked in big letters on the
   outside "ADULT BOOKSHOP" so if you really
   dont want to go there its easy to be informed and
   stay out --same idea here.
 -it could be illegal to send email with links to
  .adult sites

-result quite effective separation of porn into
different subsection of internet just by using
domain name servers to do it

-massive potential and so easy.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com